PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY
PLEASE JOIN OUR CALL TO ACTION AND LET FED-EX KNOW THEY NEED TO CANCEL THEIR SPONSORSHIP OF THE WASHINGTON NFL TEAM. THE NAME AND MASCOT HARMS NATIVE CHILDREN BY CONTRIBUTING TO THEIR NEGATIVE SELF-IMAGE.
Fed-Ex National Call-in Day
Thursday, July 17
Call 1.800.Go.FedEx, and ask CEO Fred Smith to stop sponsoring racism and harm to children
Native American organizations and communities from across the country are calling on Fed-Ex, the Washington NFL team’s main corporate sponsor, to do what is right for America’s children, and cancel their sponsorship of the Washington football team.
Please join the call to action by using the sample script below to call Fed-Ex and let CEO Fred Smith know that you don’t want Fed-Ex to sponsor harm against Native children.
Call: 1.800.Go.FedEx (1.800.463.3339)
When you call in:
1) Please be respectful to the customer service representative.
2) Please refrain from yelling or using profanity.
3) Please make sure you stay on the line until you receive a case ID number.
1) When prompted by the automated operator, ask for "Customer Feedback"
2) You will be transferred to a customer service representative. Ask to submit a Complaint to CEO Fred Smith.
3) They will ask for your contact information. You can choose to share some or none of your information.
Hi, my name is _______.
I am calling as a consumer to let Mr. Smith know that I am very unhappy about Fed-Ex continuing to sponsor the Washington team. The name and mascot harms Native children by contributing to their negative self-image. I urge Fed-Ex to stand on the right side of history. Please withdraw your sponsorship of the Washington Team immediately.
4) You will be given a case ID number. You can call back with this number for a response to your complaint.
For more information: http://nativevoicenetwork.nationbuilder.com/take_action